hepacult has established a protected technology platform for the use of human liver cells as in vitro models and has generated a set of innovative technologies, products and services for pharmaceutical and academic research.
Core Technologies and Services
- Cold Storage Solution – patented nutrient solution for the enhanced preservation of cell material.
- Standardization and evaluation of the liver and other organs as human in vitro models, working with primary human cells and isolation / preservation techniques.
- Experience and access to provide human tissue samples together with HTCR
Products & Services:
- Human hepatocytes (available in suspension, in culture or cryopreserved)
- Human non-parenchymal liver cells (available in suspension ,in culture or cryopreserved)
- Tissuebank / Biobank: Cyto-components like RNA, DNA, membran vesicula, microsomes, proteins or mitochondria combinded with a database containing related, anonymous information of the donor (under strict data privacy).
- Tissue samples, eg: intestine, kidney, liver, lung, pancreas, serum, skin, stomach, thyroid, tumour tissue.
- Hepacult is self-obliged to a stern code of conduct generated by the independent charitable non-profit trust “Stiftung Human Tissue & Cell Research” (HTCR)
- Drug research services (ADME/Tox)
- Internal drug research programmes: regenerative medicine / organ repair (liver regeneration); organ transplantation medicine
Patents, Licenses and Cooperations
Patent for Cold Storage Solution (CSS) applied; Outlicencing of CSS open to negotiations; Cooperations industry: 8 big pharmaceutical corporations, biopharmaceutical companies; Academic Cooperations: LMU Munich (Department of Surgergy), University Clinic of Regensburg (Center for Liver Cell Research); Clinics of Munich and Weiden; Others: HTCR foundation; Open for new partnerships